Posted 29 Dec 2016 // 0 comments (+)
I feel like 2016 is going to be one of the years I'd reflect back to the most and as I'm going to take a step closer to being 17 years old in less than three months (we're also nearing 2017), I felt a strong urge to share 16 things I've learned throughout my 16 years of life. So, here we go.
1. Appreciate the details. Take a minute to stop and look. Notice all the colours, smell and even the behaviours of the people you are with. These are the things that helped me see the world in a such beautiful way.
2. Be blunt. Say out the thoughts you have in your head. You can never get your points across by beating around the bush. If someone doesn't like it, it is not your problem. Not everyone thinks the same way you think but it's not a free pass to condemn others.
3. Know exactly what you want and don't stop until you get it.
4. If it makes you nervous, it's worth giving a shot. Your comfort zone will always be there. You have to make yourself do some crazy things once in a while. Nike got it right when they decided to go with 'just do it'. It's like jumping off a cliff over the ocean, deep down you know nothing major is going to happen but the hardest thing is to take the plunge. (But please don't jump off a cliff)
5. Fucking things up is normal. It's okay. You're young and it'll happen to everyone. Don't beat up yourself over that shit forever. After all, mistakes are the best teacher.
6. Your efforts won't betray you. There are no downsides to putting effort into the things you do. Your relationship, your friendships, your studies, or the sports you do. It doesn't matter how big or small of a thing it is, effort never betrays you and it brings you a lot of good things.
7. Give people the love you've never received. Pour love into every single person you meet and stop when they prove that they no longer deserve it.
8. Tell people how you feel. You will feel so much better. Remember those little compliments you give people in your head? Next time, just tell them when you have the opportunity because you never know how it can affect their day.
9. Capture a lot of moments every now and again. Don't just take pictures, videos are just as important. Stop complaining when someone wants to take a picture of you just because your hair doesn't look good. One day, you will cherish that memory and be happy you have something to look back on from it.
10. You're plain out stupid if you put anything above your family.
11. Life is unfair. But try not to be jealous of something or someone. It's toxic. Just keep living. What you have right now is someone else's dream. Comparison is the thief of all joy.
12. Not everyone will stay. People come and go. Friends are going to leave but they'll be replaced with the most unexpected people you could think of. And because of them, you'll know the difference between friendships that can go quiet but still burn on and a flaky one.
13. Cherish the ones that put up with you. Nothing really lasts, don't take people for granted.
14. Change is not a bad thing. It is okay to look different or be different from who you used to be, or maybe be in a different situation from what you're used to. In order to be who you are now and the person you are in the future, it takes a change. Trust me, one day you will not recognize yourself from any other you's you were before and you will love the changes more than the comfort of familiarity.
15. Have fun. You're not getting any younger, don't stress out too much.
16. Love yourself for who you are. There's no one on this planet quite like you and that is something to be proud of. You're enough, you're special and you deserve every ounce of life and love this world has to offer. Don't let anyone, including your own thoughts to define you otherwise.
CreditsLayout created by mymostloved with a little bit editing by myself and inspiration from sagacity.
Please tell me at cbox if I am using your artworks but I didn't credit you.
All posts written are mostly my thoughts. Photos, videos and animations used are mainly owned by myself unless stated otherwise.